Balmanno Cottage, the former home of Blanchard Bartlett Walker, at 583 S. Main St., will be open only two more Sundays this season, closing at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27.
The house is open from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. each Sunday during July and August.
One of the earliest examples of Gothic architecture in Geneva, the house has the ornamental verge boards, arched windows and vertical elements that are typical of the Gothic style. In 1957, Dr. William and Blanchard Bartlett Walker purchased it and furnished it with his collection of antiques.
Mrs. Walker was the daughter of Murray Bartlett, HWS president from 1919 to 1936, and spent much of her childhood on and near the campus.
A donation of $2 per adult is requested to benefit the maintenance and preservation of the property. For details, call (315) 789-5151.