We believe playing the sport you love is a key aspect of a stellar education. The companies that hire our Athlete-Scholars cite their work ethic, time management and collaborative spirit — all attributes developed through teamwork and high-level competition.
Proud members of the Liberty League, our 15 men’s and 15 women’s varsity teams compete in the NCAA’s Division III — with the exception of men's lacrosse, which competes in Division I. Student-athletes enjoy playing for championship caliber teams without sacrificing academic pursuits. The Statesmen and Herons have a legacy of success in the athletic arena that boasts 24 team national championships, including the 2023 NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Championship, and nearly 700 All-Americans.
We also have robust club and intramural offerings. We’re good at helping students maintain the balance.
Come do what you love. Get a great education. Here, you can have both.
Learn more about:
Hobart College sophomore Wil Crane scored the game-winning goal with 5:05 remaining in overtime to lift the Statesmen over Adrian 3-2 in the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey National Championship contest. It is the first national title in program history for Hobart hockey.
AthleticsOutstanding Highlights from 2023
At the start of the new year, we reflect on some of the many accolades and achievements of 2023.
AlumsArnoff Regatta Celebrates 10th Anniversary
HWS Sailing took first place at the annual race, which honors the late David Lee Arnoff ’82.
AthleticsAlbinati '24 Lands Position With Citigroup
Previous internship provides experience and knowledge for a career in finance.
- The William Smith basketball team cheers on Amelia McCulley ’27 and Leia Brunt ’26 as they perform their pregame handshake prior to their home game against Hamilton on Tuesday.
- The Hobart football team practices on Boswell Field under a beautiful fall sunset.
- Brooke Jarvis ’24 brings the ball up court during the William Smith basketball team’s season opener against Geneseo. She finished the game with team-highs of 18 points, six rebounds, three assists, and three steals.
- Hussein Labib ’24 returns a backhand shot during his match against Western University.
- Julia Bragg ’26 heads the ball during William Smith soccer’s game against Union.
- In the home opener, Rebecca Mantione ’25 takes a shot during the twentieth-ranked William Smith field hockey team’s victory over St. John Fisher.
- Kayla Ketchabaw ’25 interviews William Smith Ice Hockey Head Coach Matthew Cunningham for a TikTok interview during the Heron’s Media Day.
- Sean Mucheru ’26 runs along the shore of Seneca Lake during the CCOC Championships on Saturday. HWS hosts the Liberty League Championships at Seneca Lake State Park this weekend.
- Kelly Howe ’26 fires a shot past the Buffalo State goaltender. She scored once in each period for her first collegiate hat trick, leading the Heron hockey team to its eighth straight win.
- Pat Healy ’25 goes for a dunk during Hobart’s win over RPI. The Statesmen beat the Engineers to improve to 7-0.
- Jeremy Sanchez ’26 awaits a pitch during the first game of a doubleheader between Hobart and Ithaca.
- Alex Moesch ’27 launches a jumper over a Wells defender. He finished the contest with a game-high 18 points as the Hobart basketball team improved to 8-0 on the season.