Ten members of the Hobart rowing squad earned a spot on the 2010-11 Liberty League Men’s Rowing All-Academic Team.
To be eligible for the all-academic team, student-athletes must have a full year of attendance at their institution and carry at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average.
The following Statesmen earned a spot on the team:
- Junior Michael Copacino, history and religious studies double major
- Senior Michael Hess, political science and public policy double major
- Senior Reynaldo Kelly, computer science major
- Sophomore Rob Nanovsky, philosophy major
- Senior Peter Nettl, international relations and Russian history double major
- Senior David Roberts, mathematics major
- Senior Gerry Samson, philosophy and psychology double major
- Sophomore Nathaniel Shils, economics and international relations double major
- Senior Jack Trimble, economics and environmental studies double major
- Junior John Wasmund, history major
Nettl and Trimble are making their third consecutive appearance on the team, while Copacino and Wasmund made the team for the second straight year.
The Statesmen varsity eight defeated Colgate last weekend to retain the Seneca Cup. Hobart will be back on the water on Saturday, April 23 when the Statesmen head to Canton, N.Y., to compete in the Liberty League Championships. The Statesmen are looking to bring home their sixth straight conference crown.