The William Smith College tennis team is one of 72 NCAA Division III squads recognized as a 2011 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) All-Academic Team. Additionally, five Herons were honored as 2011 ITA Scholar-Athletes for their excellence in the classroom.
The ITA All-Academic Team award is open to any ITA program that has a cumulative team grade point average of 3.20 or higher. To earn ITA Scholar-Athlete status, a player must be a varsity letter winner, have a GPA of at least 3.5 for the current academic year, and have been enrolled at her school for at least two semesters.
The following William Smith student-athletes were tabbed ITA Scholar-Athletes:
- Gaby Berkman ’11, English major
- Jess McCue ’12, English and American history double major
- Remy Raevsky ’13, anthropology and women’s studies double major
- Amanda Slack ’11, sociology major
- Melissa Slack ’11, psychology major
The Herons finished the 2010-11 season with a 16-4 overall mark, breaking the program record for wins in a season. William Smith finished third in the Liberty League Tournament.