Eight members of the William Smith college lacrosse team earned a spot on the 2012 Liberty League Women’s Lacrosse All-Academic Team.
To be eligible for the all-academic team, student-athletes must have a full year of attendance at their institution (first-years are not eligible), and carry at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average.
The following Herons were named to the team:
• Sophomore Micailah Adee, international relations major
• Senior Callie Frelinghuysen, art history major
• Senior Kathryn Gillan, media and society major
• Senior Lucy Johnson, history major
• Junior Marissa Potter, sociology major
• Senior Rosie Scheibel, international relations and Latin American studies major
• Sophomore Hannah Schickel, undeclared
• Junior Liz Seidel, international relations major
Frelinghuysen, Johnson and Scheibel are making their third consecutive appearance on the team. Gillan, Potter and Seidel made the team for the second straight year.
The Herons currently are 4-5 overall and are 3-0 in conference play so far this season. William Smith takes on Skidmore this afternoon, April 13 at 4 p.m. The Herons travel to take on Rensselaer tomorrow, April 14 at 2 p.m.