Hobart and William Smith Colleges Chorale and Cantori will kick off their annual spring tour across New York State beginning on Friday, April 10.
Directed by Visiting Instructor of Music Yunn-Shan Ma, the Chorale is a 35-member group comprised of the Colleges’ most exceptional talent and the Cantori is a select chamber vocal ensemble.
The Chorale and Cantori “Light and Night” performances will consist of a cappella choral literature by Thomas Tallis, Edward Elgar, Josef Rheinberger, Samuel Barber, Zoltan Kodaly, Eric Whitacre, Rihards Dubra, Moses Hogan, Hildegart von Bingen, Abbie Betinis, and Fanny Hansel, as well as HWS Assistant Professor of Music Charity Lofthouse and a special selection of folk songs.
The performance schedule is as follows:
- Friday, April 10: Grace Episcopal Church in Elmira, N.Y. at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: St. Philip Neri Catholic Church in Bronx, N.Y. at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, April 12: Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New York, N.Y.
- Monday, April 13: United Methodist Church in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- Tuesday, April 14: Shaker Senior High School in Albany, N.Y.
- Wednesday, April 29: Home concert (St. John’s Chapel in Geneva, N.Y.)
- Saturday, May 2: Home concert
Admission is free for all concerts, but donations are welcome. For more information and updates on the groups, please visit their Facebook page.