Eleven members of the William Smith rowing team were named to the Liberty League All-Academic Team.
To be eligible for All-Academic honors, student-athletes must be at least a sophomore academically and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2. The following Herons earned a spot on this year’s all-academic team:
• Emily Andersen, Sr., International Relations and Writing and Rhetoric
• Alex Belden, Jr., Psychology and Anthropology
• Carissa Boire, Sr., Biology
• Margaret Cameron, So., Economics and International Relations
• Grace Hutton, Jr. Biology (Pre-Med)
• Karoline Loretan, So., French and Francophone Studies
• Megan Miskovsky, Jr., Psychology
• Anola Stage, Sr. English and Pre-Med
• Brianna Taylor, Jr., Geoscience
• Susan Tuvell, Jr., Mathematics
• Laurie VanBenschoten, So., Undecided
Andersen, Boire, and Stage are three-time all-academic selections, while Belden, Miskovsky, Taylor, and Tuvell are making their second straight appearance on the team.
William Smith won its fifth-straight Liberty League title. At the championship, the Herons won gold medals in the varsity eight, second varsity eight, varsity four, and the novice eight. At the New York State championships, William Smith collected a bronze medal in the second varsity eight and a silver medal in the novice eight races. The Herons captured a gold medal in the open women’s four championship at the ECAC National Invitational Rowing Championships, a first in the event for the Herons.