The Northeast Conference announced its Spring Academic Honor Roll today. The Hobart College lacrosse team placed 13 student-athletes on the list for their academic and athletic excellence.
To earn a spot on the NEC Academic Honor Roll, student-athletes must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.2. A total of 102 men’s lacrosse players were recognized on this year’s honor roll.
The following Hobart lacrosse players were honored for their hard work in the classroom and on the field:
• Arik Andreen, SO, economics major
• Cole Bardawill, FY, undeclared
• Mason Burr, FY, undeclared
• Sean Cunningham, SO, mathematics major
• George Fries, SR, political science major
• Gavin Llewellyn, JR, economics major
• D. Bennett Moore, FY, economics major
• Matt Opsahl, JR, political science major
• Zach Reed, SR, environmental studies major
• Max Romm, SO, undeclared
• Greg Sheetz, SO, economics major
• Owen Smith, FY, undeclared
• Grant Soucy, SO, economics major
Andreen, Cunningham, Fries, Llewellyn, Opshal, Reed, Romm and Soucy are all making their second straight appearance on the NEC Honor Roll. Opsahl and Llewellyn also garnered spots on the 2013 ECAC Lacrosse League All-Academic squad as first-years.
The Statesmen finished 2015 with a 7-7 overall record, the program’s best since 2009. Hobart finished the regular season earning the second seed in the NEC tournament, but fell to eventual conference champion Bryant in the semifinals.