Registration for the Colleges’ 2016 Summer Programs, which include Maymester and Summer Session, are now open to current HWS students as well as non-matriculated students. Maymester will run from May 18 through June 7, followed by Summer Session which runs from June 13 through July 15.
Ranging from theatre, math and English to political science and education, students can take one of 19 courses being offered during Maymester. Courses run Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with afternoons open for course preparation, projects and assignments.
The five-week Summer Session offers students the option to take one or two courses with an HWS faculty member. Courses meet Monday through Friday and are offered in one of two time slots: from 8:30 to 10:26 a.m., or from 10:45 a.m. to 12:41 p.m.
This year’s summer session course offerings include:
- “The Black Atlantic: Cultures Across an Ocean,”Visiting Assistant Professor of Academic Studies James McCorkle
- “Topics: Mobile Application Development,”Assistant Professor of Math and Computer Science John Lasseter
- “Principles of Accounting,”Assistant Professor of Economics Warren Hamilton
- “Writer’s Seminar II,”Assistant Professor of Writing and Rhetoric Peter Mayshle
- “Feature Sports Writing,”Professor of Writing and Rhetoric Cheryl Forbes
- “Functional Programming,”Assistant Professor of Math and Computer Science John Lasseter
- “Medieval Drama,”Associate Professor of English Laurence Erussard
- “Modern American Conservatism,”Professor of Political science Iva Deutchman
- “Rhetoric of Memory,”Assistant Professor of Writing and Rhetoric Peter Mayshle
For all Summer Programs, courses are $3,000 per course for both matriculated and non-matriculated students.
Online Registration for Maymester is open until May 4, and for Summer Session until May 29, 2016. Non-matriculated students must fill out a Non-Matriculated Student Application Form, and can contact Associate Dean of Faculty DeWayne Lucas at Lucas@hws.edu for more information on how to register.
For more information on the course options and schedule, visit the HWS website.