Campus Safety has recently received several reports of thefts occurring on-campus, as well as a report of a suspicious person seen near the areas where the thefts took place.
Members of the campus community are asked to remember the following safety precautions:
• Lock doors and windows of your room/building, especially during evening/sleeping hours
• Do not prop open doors, thwart security measures, or let strangers into any residence hall or small house
• Report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activities to Campus Safety.
In addition, please remember the following general safety suggestions:
• Travel in groups in well-lit and well traveled areas
• Use campus shuttle or call Campus Safety if you are in need of transportation after dark
• Have your keys in hand to quickly access the door of your vehicle or building
• If strangers approach, maintain a distance and be observant; if they are in a vehicle, write down a license plate number.
If you have any information that would facilitate this investigation, please call Investigator Chris Beattie of Campus Safety at (315) 781-3656 (on-campus ext., 3656) or the Geneva Police Department at 789-1111. Crime will not be tolerated on this campus!