As reported last week, there have been several reports of thefts occurring on-campus since the start of the semester. Earlier this week an arrest was made in conjunction with some of the reported thefts. The arrest was made possible by a timely report from a staff member of a suspicious person on-campus and a quick response by Campus Safety.
The person is described as male, 5’10”, 160-170 lbs., dark hair, tan complexion, and mustache.
Despite this arrest, it is imperative that all members of the community continue to be vigilant about locking doors, securing personal items, and reporting to Campus Safety (ext. 3656) suspicious persons or activities.
As always, members of the campus community are asked to remember the following safety precautions:
• Lock doors and windows of your room/building, especially during evening/sleeping hours
• Do not prop open doors, thwart security measures, or let strangers into any residence hall or small house
• Report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activities to Campus Safety.
In addition, please remember the following general safety suggestions:
•Travel in groups in well-lit and well traveled areas
• Remember to carry with you the alert whistle provided by the Colleges (whistles are available from the Office of Residential Education)
•Use campus shuttle or call Campus Safety if you are in need of transportation after dark
• Have your keys in hand to quickly access the door of your vehicle or building
• If strangers approach, maintain a distance and be observant; if they are in a vehicle, write down a license plate number
If you have any information that would facilitate this investigation, please call Investigator Chris Beattie of Campus Safety at (315) 781-3656 (on-campus ext., 3656) or the Geneva Police Department at 789-1111. Crime will not be tolerated on this campus!