GENEVA, N.Y.-On behalf of the Hobart and William Smith Colleges community, President Mark D. Gearan recognized 36 employees for their service to the Colleges at the annual staff and faculty picnic held yesterday, May 16, on the Houghton House north lawn.
The recognition program celebrates staff who have passed various five-year service milestones during the current academic year. Evelyn Biesenbach, of Geneva, was honored for serving the most time. She has been with the Colleges for 30 years.
Other years of service included:
· 25 years-Darlene DeVaney, Carol Humphrey, and Karen Radecker of Geneva, and Mary Clare Monahan of Waterloo.
· 20 years-Thomas P. Cary of Victor, Loretta Hoyt, Paula M. Moracco, Donna V. Schroeder, and Aliceann Wilber of Geneva, and Michael Hunter of Middlesex.
· 15 years-William J. Greer of Canandaigua, Linda S. Kirkwood of Phelps, Kathy A. Slentz and Kathryn L. Vaughn of Geneva, and Evelyn Sperry of Waterloo.
· 10 years-Louise Bond of Penn Yan, Susan M. Campbell, Vivian M. DeCicca, Ralph Dressler, Charlotte Hegyi, Mary Ann Hill, Karen I. Reuscher, Peter Sarratori, and Roberta D. Whitwood of Geneva.
· 5 years-Frank Bartels of Seneca Falls, Nancy Caves of Phelps, Brian Cockett of Oaks Corners, Larry Crescibene of Savannah, David C. Gage, Barbara Halfman, and Mary Smaldone of Geneva, Stephen Nathan of Fayetteville, Samantha J. Veeder of Ovid, James A. Ward of Waterloo, and Carol H. Weymuller of Honeoye Falls.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to thank all of you who do so much for Hobart and William Smith Colleges and particularly to recognize those who are celebrating milestone years. I thank you for all that you give to Hobart and William Smith,” said Gearan before individually handing out the certificates.
# # #