Dean of the Faculty and Provost Patricia Stranahan has announced Professor Marie-France Etienne has agreed to serve as Associate Dean of Faculty beginning July 1, 2003. She will be replacing Professor David Belding who will be returning to the math department. She will serve through the 2005-2006 academic year.
Etienne is currently serving as chair of CoFAC and the Committee for Equity and Affirmative Action, and co-chairs the Middle States Steering Committee. Her duties as Associate Dean of Faculty will include:
• Overseeing curricular issues
• Serving as liaison to departments, programs and faculty
• Overseeing First Year seminars
• Assisting in budget and compensation issues
• Implementing a campus wide diversity plan
• Serving as liaison to the Center for Teacher and Learning
• Working with faculty on non grant related development issues
• Supervising the Readers College
• Working in areas of advising and mentoring
She will also continue her service as co-chair of the Middle States Steering Committee.