There will be plenty of activities to make this Labor Day weekend one to remember.
– For those looking to venture beyond campus, Student Affairs is sponsoring a bus trip to the New York State Fair. Friday’s special events feature theme park-style rides; circus performances; a BMX bike show; agricultural exhibitions; a variety of food; musical shows by Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, and Blue Oyster Cult; and much more. The HWS bus will leave the Medbery parking lot at 3:30 p.m. and return around 11. Seats on the bus must be reserved; e-mail Kim Kochin for more information.
– Want to stay on campus? Try your luck in a game of Bingo, which will be played in the Great Hall of Saga at 8 p.m. A $200 grand prize will be awarded to the winner.
– After lunch, head to McCooey Field to cheer on William Smith’s field hockey team as they take on Geneseo. The game will start at 2 p.m.
– A drive-in showing of “Knocked Up” will be played on the Quad around 9 p.m., or whenever it starts to get dark.
– Try Power Yoga Basics, in the upstairs room of the Sports & Recreation center (otherwise known as the Bristol Field House). The class will run from 7:30 p.m. to 8:45.
– Tie-dye your own CAB shirt in front of Scandling Center, starting at 5 p.m.
– Enjoy a Labor Day barbeque at the Abbe Center for Jewish Life, located at 764 S. Main Street. Starting at 6 p.m., the grill will fire up with Hebrew National franks and kosher s’mores.