The list of activities on campus this weekend is plentiful. Click here to take a look at some of the great events happening on campus!
Friday, Sept. 21
• Catch the William Smith tennis team at the ITA championship this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Matches begin in the morning and last all day.
• This Friday is the final day of Professor Phillia C. Yi’s woodcuts display. The exhibit is located at the Houghton Gallery, which is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Come support the William Smith soccer team as they take on Union at 4 p.m. at Cozzens Field.
• Instructor of Spanish and Hispanic Studies Jorge Torres-Lumsden will offer a session in “Preparing Conversational Partners” at 4:30 p.m. on Friday at the Intercultural Affairs Center, 288 Pulteney St.
• HWS Hillel's weekly Shabbat Celebration will begin an hour earlier than usual this week in order to allow time for a festive meal before beginning the Yom Kippur fast. The celebration will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Friday in the Abbe Center for Jewish Life, 764 S. Main St. RSVPs are requested from those planning to attend; contact Lorinda Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur begins just before sundown on Friday and ends Saturday at sundown. Services will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Friday at Temple Beth-El on South Main Street, and at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. Tickets are required for services and are available from Hillel for students. Others interested in attending should contact Temple Beth-El.
• The Latin American Organization will present Latin Night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday. Saga will offer a selection of Latin American food and music in the Scandling Center, followed by an after party @ The Barn from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Events sponsored by the Latin American Organization; all are invited.
Saturday, Sept. 22
• On Saturday the Kickball for Cancer fund-raising tournament will begin at 1 p.m. on the Quad. Registration details are available by e-mailing email@example.com.
• Support the Hobart Football team when they host Rensselaer at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Boswell Field.
• Come support the William Smith soccer team as they take on Skidmore at 2 p.m. at Cozzens Field.
• The HWS student/Alumni sailing regatta will begin Saturday morning and last most of the day.
• Jazz guitarist Rodney Jones will present a master class featuring Zack Potter ’09 and a concert on Saturday, Sept. 22. The master class will begin at 2 p.m. in the Geneva Room of the Warren Hunting Smith Library.
• At 7 p.m., the Greg Wachala Trio featuring Maggie Mullen on vocals, Dave Arenius on bass and HWS applied instructor Greg Wachala on guitar, will present a concert in the Geneva Room.
• At 8 p.m., the Rodney Jones Trio will take the stage, featuring Arenius on bass and Steve Curry, an HWS applied instructor, on drums.
• On Saturday at 10 p.m. there will be a video dance party in the Barn. It will last until 2 a.m. Don’t miss it!
Sunday, Sept. 23
• The Finger Lakes Society of Friends (Quakers) will meet at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday in the Fisher Center, 212 Demarest. Event sponsored by the HWS Religious Life office; all are invited.
• Join the new gathering of people seeking “windows” into what is going on with us at a deep level and into what is going on in the larger community and world through contemplative spiritual practices including attentiveness, compassion and hospitality. Contact Chaplain Adams for more info. The service begins at noon on Sunday in St. John's Chapel and is sponsored by the Office of Religious Life.
• Roman Catholic Mass will be celebrated at 4 p.m. Sunday at St. John's Chapel, sponsored by Our Lady of Peace Parish (Geneva's Roman Catholic community) and the HWS Religious Life office. All are invited.
• Everyone is welcome to this contemplative Eucharist in the Episcopal/Anglican tradition, beginning at 5:30 p.m. each Sunday at St. John's Chapel. The group is usually small enough that they use the lectio divina method of reading the Bible together. They meet on the last Sunday of the month for a simple supper in someone's home. Event sponsored by the HWS Religious Life office.
• A cardio-dance class will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. each Sunday at the Sport and Rec Center. For details, call ext. 3901.
• The power yoga level 1 exercise class will meet from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. each Sunday at the Sport and Rec Center. For details, call ext. 3901.