The Hangar Theatre is announcing general auditions for adults (college-aged or older) for their 2004 summer season. Auditions will be held Friday, March 26, with callbacks that same weekend on Saturday and Sunday. This summer the Hangar will present a lineup of plays including
• The Complete History of America (abridged) by Adam Long, Reed Martin and Austin Tichenor, directed by Matt August
• The Blue Room by David Hare, directed by Associate Artistic Director, Wendy Dann
• Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, directed by Joe Calarco (director of last year’s production of My Fair Lady)
• Indoor/Outdoor by Kenny Finkle, directed by Artistic Director, Kevin Moriarty
• Andrew Lloyd Webber Musical To Be Announced, title to be announced March 19, directed by Wendy Dann.
Each actor will be asked to present a one-minute monologue or a one-minute monologue as well as sixteen bars of a Broadway-style musical theatre song. These auditions will also be used to cast Next Stage readings, School Tours and other Hangar productions in the 2004 season. All Hangar Theatre productions utilize a mixture of local, regional and national actors. The Hangar hires Equity actors (on a Small Professional Theatre contract) as well as non-Equity actors. All actors in the Ithaca area are strongly encouraged and invited to audition.
Unfortunately, there are no roles for young actors in this year’s season. These theatre artists are encouraged to participate in the Next Generation School of Theatre, where there is an opportunity to perform at the Hangar as part of the 2004 KIDDSTUFF season. Actors in the tenth through twelfth grade should consider the Hangar’s new Lab Company Jr., an intensive summer training program for the serious, emerging, theatre artist. Contact Joey Steinhagen, education coordinator, at 607-273-8588 ext. 410 for information on education programs.
To schedule an audition appointment or ask questions about the audition process call the Hangar Theatre office at 273-8588 ext. 440.