When beginning your job search there are a few crucial things to keep in mind:
- What industries and sectors are you planning on applying to?
- What types of positions are you qualified for?
- Where do you want to be location wise, and what is the most feasible?
- What organizations are you interested in? We recommend creating a list and beginning to research them.
- Timelines: Each industry has a different timeline in which they recruit for their full time hires. Most of these will be later in the spring semester.
- Industries that normally recruit in the fall:
- Almost all other industries will recruit in the spring. Please meet with your Career Counselor to discuss this further.
Job Search Resources
This is the database that the Career Services Office uses to post jobs and internships, and where students can register for all of our events as well as see what they have attended.
LinkedIn is a professional networking site, and a great place to network with alums, and apply for jobs and internships.
Job Search by Resource Industry
This has different search engines for both jobs and internships listed out by industry.
This is a site that where you can search for organizations, jobs and internships in the non-profit sector.
This guide includes information on how to structure and format your resume as well as what to include. It also has helpful samples.
Cover Letter Guide
This guide includes information on what goes in a cover letter, what to include and what not to. There are also several samples included.