Phased Return to Campus
Can you explain the plan for the phased move-in?
- Beginning July 17, myHousing will allow students to sign up for a move-in appointment. Move-in appointments will be available on a first-come, first-served basis based on building capacity. Appointments are available throughout August.
- Hobart and William Smith are working now with New York State to determine if students arriving from locations identified by the state as requiring a 14-day quarantine can quarantine at home before arriving on campus or if they must quarantine on campus. In either case, we will accommodate all students so that they can complete their quarantine before the start of classes on August 24.
- More information will be available by July 17. Should you need to speak with someone in advance, please call the Office of Residential Education at (315) 781-3880.
How many people can accompany a student to campus to assist with move-in?
We would ask that students generally limit the number of visitors on campus during move-in to two additional adults but we understand that younger siblings may also need to be present. We would ask that families limit the amount of time in the residence hall.
What can students and families expect at move in?
- Shortly before move-in (about 2-3 days in advance), students will receive a link to a short health and history screening that asks students to include information about any COVID-19 testing they may have completed within the past five days.
- If students have not been tested, they will be tested upon arrival. Drive-up testing will be available on campus from 9 a.m. – noon and from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Once testing is complete, students will receive their key envelope and parking pass (if applicable). OneCard access will also be activated.
- Once these actions are complete, students can successfully move into their residence hall.
- Complete details on the move-in process will be emailed to students after they register for a move-in appointment on July 17 using the myHousing portal.
Can students who are local drop their belongings off earlier?
Students who would like to drop off their belongings in advance should set up an appointment to do so by calling Residential Education at (315)781-3051.
Is there a different move-in process for theme houses or co-ops?
Is there a different move-in process for Greek houses?
What airport should students use to get to campus?
Both the Rochester and Syracuse airports are about an hour away from campus.
Are there shuttle/car services that serve the Rochester and Syracuse airports?
More information can be found on this webpage or by calling Student Activities at (315) 781-3513.
Will Zip cars still be available on campus?
For the foreseeable future, Zip Car is pulling services where they cannot directly control cleaning and disinfecting. We hope that with time, we may be able to reengage with this service.