The Hobart and William Smith community will come together to remember the life of Veronica Ashby ’25 on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 5 p.m. The ceremony will take place on the Quad near St. John’s Chapel. Following, a slide show in honor of Veronica will be held inside the Chapel, with refreshments provided.
Veronica died in an off-campus car accident on Sept. 10. She was a graduate of Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts in New York City. Although new to the Hobart and William Smith community, she had already made a profound impact on her peers and educators. They describe her as vibrant, insightful and joyful, a person who made friends easily, and who was very close to her family.
The Counseling Center and other support are available 24 hours a day.
• Counselors from the Center for Counseling and Student Wellness, located at 91 St. Clair St., are available 24 hours a day by calling Campus Safety at (315)-781-3000.
• Chaplain Nita Byrd and Director of the Abbe Center Julianne Miller are available at the Office of Spiritual Engagement at (315) 781-3671 and can be reached 24 hours a day by calling Campus Safety at (315)-781-3000. Individuals may reach the Rev. Nita Byrd’s confidential voicemail at 315-781-3670.
• The Hobart Deans (315-781-3300), the William Smith Deans (315-781-3467) and the Office of Campus Life (315-781-3900), located in Smith Hall, are also available.
• On-call professional Student Engagement staff can be reached by calling Campus Safety at (315) 781-3000.
• The Employee Assistance Program provides faculty and staff with immediate and free access to mental health professionals by calling (800) 327-2255.