On Veterans Day, the Colleges pause to honor those alumni, alumnae and other members of the Hobart and William Smith community who have dedicated their lives to serving the nation through the United States Armed Forces.
As the Colleges acknowledge and honor the collective efforts and this sacrifice, the day also provides an opportunity to share stories of alums that commemorate the steadfast service and commitment toward a better world.
A special HWS webpage dedicated to alums who served during World War II is available online, with stories accounting how members of the HWS community played a role during and after the war. It was created in observations of the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII.
In addition, the HWS Update has featured a number of recent stories about alums who have or are currently serving in the U.S. military, such as:
- Norvell ’66 Writes of Uncle’s WWII Service
- Platoni ’74 to Receive IVAT Award
- Colleges Remember Vietnam Veterans
- Perrine ’15 Commissioned in U.S. Marine Corps
- Vietnam Tribute Features Bozzuto ’68
- McGinn ’73 Named Chair of National Military Family Association
- A Commitment to Military Service
- Norvell ’66 Reflects on Vietnam
To share the story of other members of the HWS community who have served or are serving in the United States Armed Forces, please email email@example.com.