This week in photos
Apr. 29 - May 5
- Kevin Frost ’25 and Professor of Biology Meghan Brown examine Bloody Red Shrimp under microscopes in Eaton Hall.
- Associate Professor of International Relations Vikash Yadav teaches his “Capitalism” course in Demarest Hall.
- On Arbor Day, James Anderson ’23, Erin Kluge ’23 and Johanna Golden ’23 plant a white oak tree on William Smith Hill.
- New York State Trooper Diane Ward discusses her work as a police officer during an information session coordinated by Associate Professor of Sociology Jim Sutton in Smith Hall.
- Students enrolled in courses with Fisher Center Predoctoral Fellow Jessica Farrell, Assistant Professor of History Janette Gayle, Associate Professor of Dance Kelly Johnson and Assistant Professor of History Virgil Slade enjoy a year-end celebration in Deming Theatre.
- After receiving the St. Peter's Community Arts Academy Award for Extraordinary Support for Music and the Arts, Professor of Dance Donna Davenport poses for a photo with President Mark D. Gearan, Nicole Miller ’22, MAT ’23 (who serves on the Board of St. Peter’s) and Mary Herlihy Gearan. Photo by Ali Murray.
- Following the International Senior Event, students gather for a photo outside the Scandling Campus Center.
- Demarius Coleman '25, Fred Jackson '24 and Quinn Phillips '26 play soccer tennis on the Quad.
- Students in Professor of Psychological Science Julie Kingery’s class “Topics in Developmental Psychology” examine the art at Houghton House Gallery.
- Members of the William Smith Class of 2023 gather on the Hill at the start of the Moving Up Day celebration.
- During Scholarship Day of Donors, Moira van der Putt ’24 and Marjorie Plants ’25 walk through a sea of signs honoring those who have created scholarships at HWS. More than $650K was raised during the event, which will support up to 125 scholarships next year.
- Directed by Associate Professor of Music Mark Olivieri, members of the HWS Jazz Ensemble perform their year-end concert in Froelich Hall.
- While studying abroad in New Zealand, Kate Villinski ‘25, Kylie Dagit ‘25 and Kayleigh Aquino ‘24 explore Franz Josef Glacier.
- Ahmed Wise ’24 and a friend he met at Makhanda-Rhodes University go for a hike near Grahamstown, South Africa.
- The William Smith rowing team practices on Seneca Lake before heading to Saratoga Springs for the 2023 Liberty League Championship and the New York State Championship.
- Jeremy Sanchez ’26 awaits a pitch during the first game of a doubleheader between Hobart and Ithaca.