This week in photos
Celebrating the Classes of 2023
- As Commencement Weekend begins, we look back at the Classes of 2023’s four-year journey at HWS. Here, students gathered for an illumination photo during Orientation.
- During 2019 Day of Service, the Classes of 2023 volunteered at non-profits, churches, parks and other locations in the Finger Lakes Region.
- In 2019, the Sustainable Living and Learning FSEM taught by Professor of Economics Tom Drennen met in JPR.
- In March 2020, students completed the spring of their first-year remotely. Here, Visiting Assistant Professor of Education Suriati Abas lectured on Zoom.
- Zoom sessions continued from 2020 spring to fall, especially as faculty implemented hybrid learning options. Associate Professor Emeritus of Men’s Studies Chip Capraro lectures from his office in Demarest.
- Members of the Classes of 2023 joined a national coalition of activists and change-makers following the murder of George Floyd. Here, members of the Rising Panthers organize a march through campus.
- In the fall of 2020, students returned to campus and resumed in-person instruction in a changed world. Here, Assistant Professor of Economics Sooyoung Lee lectures during “Statistics.”
- During their junior and senior year at the Colleges, the Classes of ’23 and the HWS community celebrated the Bicentennial of Hobart College, culminating in the Bicentennial Gala in the Bristol Field House in 2022.
- The Bicentennial Gala featured the return of the President’s Garage Band, which brought students to the dance floor.
- During students’ senior spring, the newly renovated and expanded Adams Intercultural Center opened.
- In 2022, Mark D. Gearan returned to campus to serve as President of the Colleges. Here, Mark and Mary Herlihy Gearan host a reception for the 2022 Orientation Leaders where they were cajoled into starring in a Tik Tok dance.
- Graduating William Smith seniors and members of Hai Timiai Honor Society gathered for a photo before Moving Up Day.
- Hobart Dean Scott Brophy ’78, P’12 is flagged by members of the Druid Honor Society during his Charter Day address.
- Dancers present “Ladies…FREAK,” choreographed by Jenna Hyman ’23 and Tia Thevenin ’23 during the Kinetic Dance Collective Fall Showcase.
- After winning the NCAA DIII Hockey Championship, captains Zach Tyson ’22, MAT’23, Artem Buzoverya ’24, Jared Patterson ’24, Matthieu Wuth ’24 and Brenden Howell ’23 raise the trophy.
- William Smith lacrosse wins the Liberty League tournament, launching their bid in the NCAA tournament. The Elite Eight round coincides with Commencement Weekend.