Authorized Program Staff and Administrators shall complete annual mandatory training on the conduct requirements of the Minors on Campus Policy, on identifying and protecting participants from abusive emotional and physical treatment, and on appropriate or required reporting of incidents of improper conduct to the proper authorities prior to the start date of participation in any such employment, position, role, program or activity.
Training records must be maintained for a period of six years. In the case of programs that are run by third party organizations, the Colleges’ employee responsible for entering the facilities use agreement on behalf of the Colleges must obtain the appropriate certification of compliance with this Policy. Independent contractors and authorized outside program representatives must provide assurance that they have complied with training comparable under this Policy. The Colleges reserve the right to conduct an audit of any documentation of compliance, including background screening and training records of independent contractors or outside program staff.
Anyone designated as Authorized Program Staff or Administrators should complete the required training. To begin training, click the training link appropriate for your position and then follow the log in instructions on the EduRisk learning portal:
Learning Path Name/Link
1. Protecting Children: Identifying and Reporting Sexual Misconduct
Select this learning path if your position will require you to work with minors.
1. Driver Safety Training
Select this learning path if your position will require you to transport minors and/or you will drive one of the Colleges fleet vehicles.
1. Driver Safety Training
Select this learning path if your position will require you to work with minors and to transport minors and/or you will drive on the Colleges fleet vehicles.
- Click the appropriate learning path training link.
- Complete the Registration form.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and department name and click Register.
- You will receive a welcome email with your username and a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign on.
- You will be prompted to:
- Enter your temporary password
- Create a new password
- Create and answer a security question
- Once you are logged in, be sure to complete all courses assigned to you.
- A history of your completed courses is available in “My Completions.” You will also receive an email containing a link to your completion certificate, upon successful completion of the course.
Tips for Completing Courses
- Pop-up blocker must be disabled for ue.blackboard.com
- Ensure your computer meets all System Requirements specified here.
If you have any issues with sign-in or accessing the courses, or if you did not receive your welcome email, visit the Support Portal at portalhelp.ue.org. Or click any Support Portal link on the site.