Office of Student Engagement
300 Pulteney St.
Scandling Center, 2nd Floor
Geneva, NY 14456
Phone: (315) 781-3880

Office Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.


The links below will provide you with additional forms or resources you may need while living on campus. If you want to rent a micro-fridge, find television information, have your bed lofted, live on campus during the summer, or view the meal plans these will be your starting point! For any additional questions please contact Student Engagement.


Your one stop shop for all things housing! Visit your MyHousing portal to:

  • View your housing assignment and roommate information
  • View or update your meal plan
  • Report a lost key
  • Select your room during housing selection
  • Cosign for study abroad
  • Register to stay on campus for breaks
  • And more!

Emergency Procedures

At Hobart and William Smith Colleges, safety is our top priority. To mitigate the impact of natural and human-caused hazardous events, the Office of Campus Safety works collaboratively with the HWS Emergency Management Team and our local emergency service providers to plan and prepare appropriately. In addition to our comprehensive emergency planning process, we employ staff training, effective communication methods and ongoing incident-specific exercises to safeguard our campus community. At the Colleges, safety is a shared responsibility.

Meal Plans

Our meal plans are designed to provide maximum flexibility, value, and convenience. These meal plans include declining balance funds called Snack Money that can be used in resident dining rooms (i.e., all-you-care-to-eat) and at retail dining venues. To view or change your meal plan selection login to your myHousing account. To view your current balance of Snack Money or Meal Swipes visit your MyDining portal. 

Work Order Request

The goal of our Buildings and Grounds Department is to provide the most efficient and effective services needed to support the educational goals of Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Experiencing a problem with the laundry rooms? Lock not working? Need a lightbulb changed?Submit a work order request or contact B&G at (315) 781-3660 or

Bed lofting Request form

Want to have your bed lofted or bunked for more space? Please submit a lofting request to Buildings & Grounds. Only lofts provided by the Colleges are permitted in all residence halls for safety. Bed lofting requests will not be processed the first 2 weeks of the semester. 

Cable Through Spectrum

All student residences offer cable television through SpectrumU. Students can access SpectrumU on campus and at home online or use the SpectrumU app on a streaming device like Roku. Login to SpectrumU with your HWS credentials.

Dorm Room Movers 

Whether you're going home for the summer, graduating or studying abroad, Dorm Room Movers will take care of your stuff so you don't need to lift a finger. Spend your time hanging out with your friends, studying or doing anything other than moving! For Hobart William Smith Colleges students Dorm Room Movers offer Summer Storage, Study Abroad Storage, Shipping Home and Shipping to the Colleges. Click the link above to learn more or sign up now.


Students at Hobart and William Smith Colleges can order specially-sized sheets, mattress pads and comforters to fit campus mattresses. Our beds, which are often longer than 76 inches, are intended to maximize student comfort.

For your convenience, we have partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase bedding, dorm storage solutions, and everything else you will need (and want!) for your new home away from home. Please visit to get move-in day ready and create your dream room!


Microwaves are not permitted in student rooms due to safety concerns. However, HWS partners with My MicroFridge to offer combination microwave/fridge appliances for rent. Founded in 1993, My MicroFridge is the leader in small space appliance solutions for colleges and universities. Their units are time tested and guaranteed for safety. Leave the heavy lifting to them, they will deliver your unit directly to your room prior to your arrival on campus! Click here for more information or to reserve your unit.

Personal Property Insurance

Every year college students lose millions of dollars worth of personal property from theft, fire, flood, vandalism, natural disasters and accidental damage. For pennies a day you and your student can be protected against financial hardships caused by loss of property. Click the link above to learn more about Personal Property Insurance and what items are covered.


Single Accommodations are provided for medical reasons through the Colleges’ Non-Academic Accommodations Committee (NAAC). General information regarding single accommodations can be found at this link. On this page you will also find a button to access the Accommodate Portal. Within this portal is more detailed information and requirements for paperwork and documentation. Any forms that are required will be uploaded directly to this secure portal as well!

Assistance Animals

Hobart and William Smith Colleges recognize the importance of providing reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities who require the assistance of animals. Assistance Animals are a category of animals that may work, provide assistance, or perform physical tasks for a student with a disability, and/or provide necessary emotional support to a student with a mental or psychiatric disability that alleviates one or more identified symptoms of a student’s disability. 

The Non-Academic Accommodations Committee (NAAC) oversees all requests for Assistance Animals. Please visit the Disability Services webpage for more information on accommodations, and to access the Accommodate Portal.